Monday, June 24, 2013

Mann Marziyan

I came back from Ladakh last Sunday. And I am still trying to figure how to put together an account of what I experienced. It really was beyond words. It was even beyond photographs. No picture can do justice to what you get to view there. The landscape, the colours, the terrain, the form each mountain takes – all of it is just incredible. I can imagine why some people go there almost every year. And I mean it when I say I feel I have seen everything nature has to offer. I do know it is not true, but that’s what the place leaves you with. 

I am still going to try and document the experience. Can’t not do it. :)

This trip was about three things – nature, the girls I went with, and being in the moment. There was no unnecessary reflection on life. There was minimal effort in trying to see any of the man-made places/monasteries around. I did not have the energy to interact, talk to, or even click local faces which are undeniably beautiful. I was happy just gazing at the mountains from the moving car. And well, it was a road trip after all. We covered over 1500 kilometres by road over eight days. And the reason why the girls were important:
Company on such a trip matters a lot. And I went with some of my closest friends.
It was important that everyone else got along because at the beginning of the trip they only knew me.
And well, I was the one who ended up being most unwell during the time. Was I glad or what that it was them I was travelling with!

There is a lot to write and I think this time I will break it up across posts. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

...awww!!

RB said...

Ahem. You are?