Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blinkers

I often remember the madness with which I studied for my 12th standard exams. SRCC is all that I could think about. Every single day. That is all I wanted. It was true madness. I didn't know what I wanted to make of that opportunity. All I knew was that I wanted to be there. 

Just saw one of the books from back then. There was pep talk on its last page. Pep talk for a distracted mind. And it had SRCC all over it. 

I have not been able to put in that kind of effort in anything, again. I have not been as prepared. It was another zone altogether!  I wonder how things were so absolute back then. While I did lose sleep calculating how many marks an examiner could deduct, things were absolute and I was confident nobody could give me marks any less than what I finally scored. 

I want to do it once again. Miss that high.  

No comments: