Sunday, April 15, 2012

Climate Change

The past few weeks have been rather busy at work. Busy; and disillusioning too. And the situation had become such that I was beginning to stare into a complete burnout. The neck could not bear the strain. All my issues against the system came to the fore. The works. 

I declined an opportunity to get out of Delhi this weekend. Just because on Wednesday itself I had decided that I will be only sleeping these two days. I got that sleep, and pampered myself more too. First thing on Saturday was an appointment for a haircut at b:blunt. I had been looking for a stylist who could do short hair for several months. Somebody recommended these guys, I made a few phone calls, and a few more follow-up phone calls until I got this appointment. It was going to be my most expensive haircut ever. And I think they have done a decent job. Could have been better given the skill set, but I think I am satisfied. I wanted a new look, and we have a success at that. Happy.     

Without making much of an effort I got to meet Lynn in the evening. Ever since I stopped using the Metro's women's coach in the morning, we don't get to meet as often as we would like. So this was a nice catch-up session. 

I had committed for an early morning trip to Chandni Chowk for Sunday. And I kept my word. I had thought I would click a few photographs, but ultimately didn't. Nor did I eat anything. But I saw the sun rise. As always, nothing else mattered. It was perfect. 

Got back to get some more sleep, followed by a quick coffee (make that lemonade) with Robin, and then a visit to a spa. I had been thinking about it for a few days, but wasn't getting any worthwhile recommendations. I was at Green Park when 'Pure - Salon and Spa' flashed itself right in front of me. So I decided to give it a try. I signed up for a safe back massage given that I had no idea how the place is. They chose to give me a full experience at the same cost. I was only happy. It was nice and really relaxing. After the head massage, I suddenly felt I could hear many more sounds that I otherwise was oblivious too. Not the ones in my head. I liked it! And later figured that it is a chain of spas called Aura Thai Spa

During the busy week, I also managed to meet Ranjan, Udit, Prashant, Ruhi and Vrinda. And shop for formal shoes with a bow. Another first. 

Yes, still keenly waiting for people to commit for the Ladakh trip. Phew!

Source: Wikipedia

Now preparing for the morning class of yoga. Being patient with that too. *breathe*

____

On another note, I do not know if objectivity and having clarity is always a good thing or not. Fuzziness is so much more convenient at times. You do not need to convince your mind to process things that are grey. What is happening?

9 comments:

Shreya said...

Not the ones in your head, eh? Maybe I should try out a spa ;)

RB said...

Haha...yes, you should.

P. said...

The bow-shoe is a #win ! :)

RB said...

:D Thank you. I am a girly girl now.

~ ॐ ~ said...

Sunday morning was good.. I am still trying to catch up on the sleep that I missed though!

And you did eat something :P

RB said...

Haan haan... mere khaane pe hi nazar thi! :P

~ ॐ ~ said...

Actually... nazar aapki thi.. khana mera tha! :)

RB said...

Tch Tch... cheapskate!

Unknown said...

Very INFORMATIVE and just FANTASTIC! I was looking for the related information. Thanks a lot it is very useful for me. Would love to read some pieces on the topic. Salons in Indore