Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Stage

So I am at a point where life revolves around the work that I do. All things exciting, boring, disappointing, and demanding are work-related. And I am enjoying it too. But the question, "so how is life beyond work?" leaves me with nothing to talk about. If the person across the table has no interest in how the government plays a rather important role in my client's life, I have nothing interesting to say. There is nothing I can make conversation about. Of course, I can talk about the people I spend close to 10 hours with every day, but if you do not know them, we are back to square one. And let me admit, more than not having anything else going on in life, it is the thought that nothing is going on that makes me slightly uncomfortable. It is peer pressure of a different kind. And since I love to take everything personally, I feel obliged (to myself) to ensure that I  am doing something new at regular intervals. And my not-so-lame list of "something new" for this first quarter looks like this:
# Went scuba diving
# Watched the beating retreat, live
# Started wearing contact lenses
# Wore heels to work every single day of February
# Started doing yoga
# Went for a (rather unfortunate) sufi concert at Humayun's Tomb
# Dressed up and looked good (per my standards) for a wedding that didn't directly matter :P

Next what I need is to see the Ladakh plan materialise. That is all. And of course, the 6:00 am yoga showing some results. That is all. Yeah. 

1 comment:

Ranjan Atreya said...

That's a good list. And we always have loooots to talk about :D