Friday, June 03, 2011

The Low Notes

This past month was long. Longer than it ought to be. Longer than I liked it to be. And I am glad it is over. 

Some noteworthy things included:
# Three good Sundays with my camera doing some good work
# Ridhima's wedding in Jaipur
# My parents' 33rd wedding anniversary
# Bhaiya and Megha's 1st wedding anniversary
# Busy times in office including sacrificed Saturdays
# An unexpected raise in my salary
# A good grip on some unnecessary emotions
# Planning of a trip to Ladakh; even receiving a book (giiiift :D) on making that trip. I will know next week if I can make it or not this year.
# An increase in the number of text messages received 
# A much-loved increase in the number of personal emails received
# The mangoes and watermelons kind of indulgence
# A few funny movies
# Some additions to my silver collection
# A fairly strong knee
# A purely stress-led addition to weight
# Restarting with some fiction and reading two discouragingly average books :-/

And then the unpleasant stuff happened. It is funny how some things assume the power to wash away the feeling of happiness in life. 

This life, it has been tough. Testing as it may be, I am glad it has given the opportunity to learn so many lessons already. And forcefully humbling at every point. :)

2 comments: