Friday, February 11, 2011

Flaky Friday

I have nothing much to write about. Except that I finally figured how to publish in small fonts using Chrome. So, the joy of not having to type in Chrome, publishing it, going to Firefox, logging in, editing, and re-publishing is much worth sharing. 
Next on my list of such annoying issues is figuring why bugger Outlook doesn't index my emails. Or whatever else it is that makes it searching for any email impossible. Can you imagine what life must be with Outlook as dysfunctional as that? And the number of times I have had to tell my boss that I cannot locate a stupid email? This kind of stuff really does make me cynical about technology as well. As if us humans weren't enough. 

I usually dress informally to work if I know I am going to be parked on my seat the whole day. This week I got that opportunity only yesterday. But to keep feeling through the whole of a Thursday that it's Friday is not a nice feeling again. Different matter altogether that today, on Friday, it doesn't feel like a Friday because friends are not available to do anything fun, and I am working tomorrow. So. Bleh!

This people getting married business is also tiring for my brain now. I wonder how many years it is going to go on for. Actually I don't know why it is tiring; maybe because it is such a big deal for everyone. But I am done with all such conversations for now!

Around is another Valentine's Day. My 25th without any romance to it. Not that I did anything much even when I was not single, but I have been a little itchy for it to be a good day this time. I don't know how. But I  wish. 

A recent conversation with Mansi reminded of teenage romance in thoughts. It felt good remembering it, and it feels really really empty to have come so far away from all of it. 

Some other developments of the past 11 days have been a little unreal and uncomfortable. Look good on the surface, but have difficult layers to deal with. The future will also feel the impact, and I am completely clueless about the direction. 

The need graph for having someone to listen is going up again. And the need graph for ability to talk is going  further down. 

And now that the clock is going to touch a round figure, I should get back to work. 

4 comments:

Puneet said...

C'mon aarbee, you cant hate technology for the stupid crap microsoft creates and sells! Trust me there are better options, and replacing outlook with those, should be the first thing you do when you climb that ladder of success in record time in your organization :)
Oh and about being all alone on valentine's day, ha! Us guys in pune do have an option, to be a part of the MNS/Shiv Sena gangs and let out our frustration on others! :)

RB said...

Puneet,
Why don't you tell me about those better options.

And hahaaa... that's an even sadder valentine's day plan!

Puneet said...

Free: Thunderbird

Expensive: Lotus Notes

so it really depends, I mean once you are the Director/MD/CEO/, and you got the shareholders money to splurge, go for Lotus Notes, oh and also that Lamborghini to match that Versace dress. But if you start your own thing, its Thunderbird all the way!

RB said...

Thunderbird. On my way to Google then!
I shall keep the rest of the tips in mind.

Thanks. :)