Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nostalgia, eh?

Over the past two weeks I have had the word 'miss' flash on my Facebook and Gtalk a gazillion times. People are expressing the sentiment about college getting over via their status updates and new photo albums. Me, something somewhere has died. Or maybe I am too busy feeling other emotions to have space for that sentiment. God knows!
But hardly a week out of college, and I have a point to associate the 'miss' word with too. The marketing classes, what else! I just finished watching Lessons in Marketing on CNBC TV18, a show where the top 12 B-schools of India fight it out in front of some of the best in the industry, for the best of rewards. It was nothing different from sitting in marketing classes back in college - analysing each recommendation that the presenting team makes, having an opinion of our own for everything, and actually feeling every single bit of the total process!
People on the show today might have been from the best schools in India, but I saw for myself that they are nothing different or better than some of us who do not qualify to be in the same league because of some stupid reasons, luck for one. They did not seem to have studied anything different from what we did, and their ideas were nothing out of the world either. It was exactly the same as I experienced over the past two years - some absolutely brilliant ideas, and some that were laughable. Nothing different. Just a matter of a tag.
And while as of today nothing seems to be working in my favour, I know I will even it out in the years to come. And the gods of marketing management and marketing research, Dr. V.V.R. Sastry and Dr. Prantosh Banerjee respectively, will remain just what they are! Them, and their classes, I miss.

P.S. - In the post written on March 17th, there was a horrible typo that was pointed out by a friend. I am still not over it. Did not want to change it there 'coz it would have then flashed on your readers again. But yes, it was not 'heals'. I meant 'heels'.
Thanks! :)

3 comments:

P. said...

So true, what you've written. It is just a matter of a tag. Thinking of the days, two years ago, when we thought we were to belong to one too.

So much has changed.

Although, they were'nt my favourites. But they were among the best teachers we had. Kudos to that.

Subhadip said...

Nostalgia you feel, when older you get, my young apprentice.

RB said...

Priyam,
Hmm...

Subhadip,
:)
The apprentice needs more of these.