Sunday, November 01, 2009

A Sunday Well Spent

First thing in the morning was the Delhi Half Marathon! I cannot claim to have run through the entire distance, but I did complete it. Without much struggle. I didn't expect myself to even do this much, so I am very happy.

There I saw somebody who was a senior in school. I also saw someone who was a co-traveller in the Vasant Kunj U Special. Somebody from college saw me. Essentially, it seemed like Dilli truly daud rahi thi*. Of course, Shiela aunty and Shah Rukh Khan were there only to flag everybody off, and they did their job well.

Harry, an old friend, was also running the corporate challenge. The last time I had seen him was over three years ago. So it was a good day to catch up with him too. At lunch I tried red wine and I don't think I liked it. So, after lots of chit-chatting and chocolate pastry, I overpaid an auto guy to drop me back home.
On my way, I ran into Shweta Guha from the very old days of Orkut Delhi Meets that I used to attend. It was nice seeing her with her little baby.

Late afternoon got spent in watching Maine Pyaar Kiya on TV. And man! that movie was dramatic. I mean I have seen it before, but I have never rolled my eyes at every scene as much as I did today. It was almost hilarious.
Following that was Rock On! and bits of Border. This is what happens when you sit in front of the idiot box after a light year. But the winner is the Tata Docomo ad with that ugly boy in the train. His expressions are so annoying that I don't think I can look at the TV when he's on air, and the ad is so bad that I can't look at the TV when it's on air. Maybe the two were meant to be together, but it's one of the top 5 most painful things I have ever seen in the audio-visual medium. Ever.

Talking of bad ads, wtf is that juice ad from Parle Agro. Saint Juice or something? "Juice the way god meant it to be". Where the eff are your commas, and where the eff is 'good copy'?!


__

Been a perfectly active+lazy day! I should get good sleep tonight.


*I know this is what Hutch used to say during the Hutch Delhi Half Marathon days. Somehow Airtel's 'joy of running' doesn't do it for me.
And I am a former disgruntled Hutch user now using Airtel. :D

2 comments:

R said...

These guys make me glad about the fact that I have quit advertising. :D

What about the other ones? The one in the restaurant, and the one in the plane? That is truly a winner. So insightful and memorable. Isn't it?

RB said...

I'm so glad I have not seen the other ones.